Free OTC Drug List
AHP offers coverage for certain over-the-counter medications for FREE! The following over-the counter medications are available under this benefit:
- Flonase OTC (New! Effective as of 1-1-2016)
- Zantac 75, Ranitidine – Tab 75mg
- Tagamet HB, Cimetidine – Tab 200mg
- Axid AR – Tab 75mg
- Pepcid AC, Famotidine – Tab 10mg & 20mg
- Prilosec OTC (14, 28, 42 day supply) – Tab 20mg
- Nexium OTC 24 hr – Cap 20mg
- Prevacid, Lansoprazole – Cap 15mg
- Claritin, Loratadine - Tab 10mg
- Claritin-D, Loratadine-D. – Tab 5-120mg & 10-240mg
- Alavert – Tab 10mg
- Zyrtec-D, Certirizine-D (added 1/30/2008) – Tab 5-120mg
- Allegra, Fexofenadine – Tab 30mg, 60mg, 180mg
- Allegra-D, Fexofenadine-D – Tab 180-240mg & 60-120mg
- Zegerid OTC, Omepra/Bicar – Cap 20-1100mg
- Zyrtec, Cetirizine – Tab and Chew Tab 5mg & 10mg
In addition, Advantage Health Plans Trust, in consultation with pharmacy benefit management, may add other medications previously available only with a prescription which become available as an over-the-counter medication.
Remember, OTC medications do not legally require a prescription, but to have OTC medications covered under your prescription drug benefit plan, you must obtain a written prescription from your doctor and present it to a pharmacist to be filled.
This document will tell you how to go about getting a prescription filled for these OTC medications with your prescription drug card.
How do I get an OTC medication filled with my prescription drug card?
- Tell your doctor that your prescription drug plan covers the OTC medications listed above.
- Obtain a written prescription from your doctor for the OTC medications above.
- Take the OTC prescription to a pharmacy to have it filled.
- Tell the pharmacist that your prescription drug plan does offer coverage for OTC medications on the list above.