Kempton Direct Access Providers
A Benefit for Direct Primary Care
Kempton Direct Access Providers is an enhanced, consumer-driven benefit for medical services, including primary care and preventive health services covered at 100%.
Kempton Direct Access Providers allows members of AHPT to enroll with a participating Direct Primary Care (DPC) physician through the health plan. DPC physicians offer medical services through a patient-centered payment and practice model.
What is Direct Primary Care (DPC)?
- An innovative alternative to the traditional fee-for-service model.
- Simple affordable membership fee.
- No claims filed with your health plan.
- Covers most primary care, urgent care, and preventive services.
- Focuses on putting the patient and physician relationship first.
- Same or next day appointments, alternative contact options via technology, and a proactive approach to your health.
Your Consumer-Driven Benefit
- Allows eligible employees to enroll with a participating DPC and have the monthly fee covered by the health plan.
- Monthly fee is paid by the health plan at 100%, up to $70 per month. *
- You will have no additional out-of-pocket cost for primary care services included in the monthly fee.
- Costs for services provided not included under monthly fee are the responsibility of the employee and may fall to regular plan benefits.
Follow the Easy Steps Below To Enroll!
Since Kempton Direct Access Providers is a membership-based model, employees must “join” or “enroll” with a physician.
- Log in to our Member Benefit Portal
- Click Kempton Direct Access Providers under Quick Links.
- Fill out the Information About You section.
- Use the dropdown box to choose your doctor.
- Click the check boxes under Our Agreement.
- In the Member Agreement box that pops up, type in your name, and choose Accept.
- Make an appointment to meet your new Kempton Direct Access Provider and get your Health Risk Assessment within 6 months of enrollment.
**Services included under the monthly fee vary by physician. Only available for covered services. Please refer to your Summary Plan Description. Under IRS guidelines, participants enrolled in a Qualified High Deductible Health Plan are not eligible for this benefit.